The electric vehicle market continues to expand at a significant rate across Europe, including in Ireland. At the same time, the demand for convenient EV charging is also rising. With respect to charging, an EV user has two options, either going for electric car charger home installation or going to a commercial car charger station. Both the options are available in Ireland currently.
Here are some facts and figures about the electric car charger market in Ireland:
- Among all the countries in Europe, Ireland has been ranked fourth in the list of most expensive European country in which to charge an electric vehicle.
- As per a survey carried out by Switcher (an online service that allows consumers to chop and change their electricity providers, as well as other utility bills and financial services), in Ireland, a consumer pays an average of 24c per kWh, or €15 to charge an average EV from flat to full. For every 100km travelled, an average Irish EV owner will pay €4.97 in electricity costs.
- The Government of Ireland has introduced a support scheme to assist homeowners install an electric vehicle charge point on their property. The scheme provides a grant up to the value of €600 towards the purchase and installation of a home charger unit. The applicant must be the owner of an eligible new or second-hand electric vehicle.
- The Electric Supply Board owns, operates and maintains approximately 1,100 public charge points across the island of Ireland. However, the demand is set to increase and efforts are required to increase the availability EV chargers across the country.
- Different varieties of EV home charger installation options are available in Ireland. The various factors that impact the choice of electric car charger home installation are cost, space availability, residential policies, etc.
If you’re looking for electric car charging home installation in look no further, reach out to us at Go Electrical today. We provide top quality services and various packages to best meet your requirement. We have the best EV charger installers for home or commercial use in Dublin and Wicklow.
More about Go Electrical
Go Electrical has a team of electricians who are experienced in both home and commercial electrical services with excellent knowledge of electrical installations, EV chargers, wiring and appliances. You can contact us by phone, WhatsApp, live chat or email. It is as simple as a click of a button. You can visit https://www.goelectrical.ie/contact-us/, call us on 087 4082481 to request a call back, or leave us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The electrical contractor will be at your doorstep at the said time as per the appointment fixed.