The electric vehicle industry is booming across the world and predictably in Ireland as well. In addition to being the “in-thing”, electric vehicles have come forward as a solution to one of the looming threats on the planet today, climate change and global warming. The very many benefits of these vehicles are now reaching the ears of the wider crowd, and people are consciously making a decision to buy electric vehicles and do their bit for the environment.
In terms of numbers, the global electric vehicle market is projected to reach $802.91 billion by 2027. In 2019, the market was valued at $162.34 billion. From 2020-2027, Europe is expected witness CAGR of 25.3%. Battery electric vehicles (BEV) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) sales surpassed two million for the first time in 2019 in Ireland. In fact, of all the cars sold in Europe, 2.7% were electric vehicles. This number has been constantly increasing since 2010.
With respect to the landscape of electric vehicles in Ireland, here are some facts and figures:
- There has been a constant increase in the number of electric vehicles in Ireland. As of August 2020, there were a little over 17,000 electric vehicles in the country.
- The number of electric vehicles has been increasing. In 2018, there were 7,647 electric vehicles in India which increased to 11,700 in 2019 and to over 17000 in 2020.
- The government has set a target that by 2030, Ireland roads should have no less than 936,000 electric vehicles – including BEV and PHEV. Moreover, the plan also expands to increasing the charging network to cater for 8,00,000
electric vehicles by 2030.
- In 2020, Hyundai, Tesla and Nissan emerged to be the top choice for an electric vehicle.
- To further scale the demand for electric vehicles, the government is offering a €5000 grant to buy an electric car which costs no more than €20,000. Smaller grants for lower priced electric cars also available.
- Importantly, if someone wants to install EV charger at their apartment or looking for commercial EV charger installation, an additional grant of €600 is available.
We hope that this information will encourage you to explore the option of getting an electric vehicle. If you or someone you know plans to buy an electric car and is looking to install EV charger at the apartment or commercial EV charger installation, get in touch with us at Go Electrical today. Choose from our range of EV Car Chargers. Our chargers are designed and built to the highest standards. Our SEAI Grant approved chargers come with manufacturer guarantee for total peace of mind. You can contact us by phone, WhatsApp, live chat or email. It is as simple as a click of a button. You can visit https://www.goelectrical.ie/contact-us/, call us on 087 4082481 to request a call back, or leave us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The electrical contractor will be at your doorstep at the said time as per the appointment fixed.