In Ireland, the uptake of EV charging is increasing rapidly. Moreover, everyday car manufacturers are building newer designs and more cars. While this is increasing the choices available for people looking to buy electric vehicles, it is important to see whether charging stations are adequate and suitable for newer vehicles as well.
The good news is that they are! While electric vehicles might evolve in terms of designs and features, the basic and fundamental principle of its running remains the same. Hence, electric charging stations should see no extreme modifications in terms of technical updates.
However, with increase in number and types of electric vehicles, here are some considerations for EV charging stations in the country:
- No. of EV charging outlets: Majority of EV charging stations provide one or maximum two EV charging points, but there is a need to increase the number of points provided so as to accommodate more cars.
- Have a variety of charges: There are different types of EV chargers varying on the basis of electric power, model and make, for example Type 1 and Type 2. Hence, to accommodate more types of electric vehicles, it is best to install a variety of chargers.
- Open branches: Just one EV charging station is not enough, it is important to expand and open them across the city. However, it is also pertinent to choose the location smartly. For example, it is ideal to open an EV charging station where there is none in the vicinity. You can also consider partnering with a popular local business and open a charging station. As they already have high customer traction, it can be profitable for your business as well.
- Keep yourself updated: The electric vehicle and the charging market landscape is changing fast. New technologies are developing and charging station owners should keep a lookout. It is best to have a charging station that is updated with the newest technology.
- Government grants: As a step towards a sustainable environment, the government offers various provisions and grants to promote a healthy environment. This applies to the EV market as well. Know about these grants before you get your EV charging station installation.
If you’re looking for a charging station installation, look no further, reach out to us at Go Electrical today. We provide top quality services and various packages to best meet your requirements. We have the best EV charger installers for home or commercial use in Dublin and Wicklow.
More about Go Electrical
Go Electrical has a team of electricians who are experienced in both home and commercial electrical services with excellent knowledge of electrical installations, EV chargers, wiring and appliances. You can contact us by phone, WhatsApp, live chat or email. It is as simple as a click of a button. You can visit https://www.goelectrical.ie/contact-us/, call us on 087 4082481 to request a call back, or leave us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The electrical contractor will be at your doorstep at the said time as per the appointment.