If you’re new to the electric vehicle (EV) fan club and planning to buy one, let us tell you, it is a great decision for you and your family. More importantly, an excellent choice for our planet. But EVs are still new and there may be factors you may not know or understand. Do not let that deter you. We are here to tell you everything that you should consider to make an informed choice before you take your pick.
- Price: First things first, assign yourself a budget and shortlist the options of EV available. This is more important because EVs are relatively more expensive than conventional cars. Hence, budgeting is an important exercise.
- Grants and benefits: Since EVs are still newer and lesser people are choosing this option, the Government of Ireland is offering a grant to people to motivate them towards making a choice. Hence, ensure that you know about the grant available to you.
- Software updates: An EV is equipped with software updates that can be taken from time to time. Make sure that you get your vehicle updated regularly and pick an EV that is eligible for software updates for a few years.
- Driving range: The driving range of an EV may vary from a conventional car and a buyer should be aware of this factor. Usually, a electric car should deliver a driving range of over 100km, which is enough for everyday use. However, do read reviews of users and check for their experience with respect to driving range.
- Battery life & charging options: An EV is only as good as its battery life. Make sure that you are fully aware of the battery life that your EV offers as well as the charging options available to you. You can either choose to install an EV charger at home or use an EV charger installed in a commercial centre near you.
Some other factors to consider while buying an EV are maintenance cost, insurance options and after sales support and service.
EV charger installation
If you decide to buy an EV and looking for an EV car charger installer nearby, look no further, reach out to us at Go Electrical today. We provide top quality services and various packages to best meet your requirement. We have the best EV charger installers for home or commercial use in Dublin and Wicklow.
More about Go Electrical
Go Electrical has a team of electricians who are experienced in both home and commercial electrical services with excellent knowledge of electrical installations, EV chargers, wiring and appliances. You can contact us by phone, WhatsApp, live chat or email. It is as simple as a click of a button. You can visit https://www.goelectrical.ie/contact-us/, call us on 087 4082481 to request a call back, or leave us an email at email@example.com. The electrical contractor will be at your doorstep at the said time as per the appointment fixed.