Go Gas understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Information About Us
Company Name: Distinguished Electrical Ltd
Limited Company registered in Ireland under company number: 672404
Registered address: 22 Spruce Avenue, Stillorgan Business Park, Stillorgan, Co.Dublin
Main trading address: 22 Spruce Avenue, Stillorgan Business Park, Stillorgan, Co.Dublin
VAT number: 3696036MH
2. What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
3. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that we use is set out in Part 5, below.
4. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 11.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 10 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 11 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 11 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Part 6 explains more about how we use your personal data.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. What Personal Data Do You Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us):
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Payment information
6. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data will be used for following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account.
- Supplying our products or services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to fulfil any purchase orders and sometimes for additional processes such as registering a product warranty or where a supplier requires end user details to provide the service or product.
- Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email and/or post that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by contacting us, or clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email campaigns / newsletters).
- Processing payment for goods or services supplied by us or on behalf of us.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email or text message or post with information, news, and offers on our products and services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
7. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- 5 years
8. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK or EU. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
9. Do You Share My Personal Data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third for any purposes other than the following:
- We may be legally required to share certain personal data, which may include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or comply with legal obligations, a court order or the instructions of a government body.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer.
- If the company is acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it will be one of the transferred assets
10. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 11.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within one month or receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
11. How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details for the attention of the Compliance Department:
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 0874082481
Postal Address: 22 Spruce Avenue, Stillorgan Business Park, Stillorgan, Co.Dublin
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.
Any changes will be made available online at www.goelectrical.ie/privacy-policy.